Updated: Aug 27
I absolutely love this post from Price Pritchett “It’s always something.” Isn’t that the truth? Read his full blog here – definitely a good read!
It’s always something. Life always gets in the way. We have dreams, goals that we postpone till something else is resolved… Whether it’s “when I have the money, or when I have the time, or when the kids are older,”etc… I’ll take that trip, or I’ll start my own business, I’ll attend that seminar, etc. We end up putting our lives on hold…
Why do we let circumstances control our lives when it should be the other way around?
While there are many possible answers to this, two of them come to mind.
- We don’t know ourselves. We don’t understand how this universe works and its laws. We don’t understand how our mind works and our ability to influence this world and our circumstances.
- We lack confidence.
And while both seem to be separate root causes, both are actually interwoven. If we truly understand the powerful beings that we are, then we would automatically feel more confident.
I want you to realize the power of confidence.
Play with this idea for a while: “Act as if it were impossible to fail.” This is a quote from Dorothea Brande and I really want you to ask yourself this question:
- If it were impossible to fail, what would you do?
- If you somehow believed that all of the resources you need would come to you, what would you do?
As Pritchett quotes: The moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred…unforeseen incidents, meetings, and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way.”
Confidence allows you to make now the best time, no matter what’s happening. It gives you that inner faith. Then ideas and resources come to you to assist you in realizing your goals.
So how do you boost your confidence?
· One thing you can do is change is your self-talk. Negative self-talk typically stems from your childhood, things you were told, failures you may have experienced.
· Start by being your biggest fan and celebrating small wins. This forces you to look at yourself from a positive perspective.
· Practice affirmations and the principle of auto-suggestions. Create the image in your mind of a confident person and start talking, acting, dressing and conducting yourself like one… The more you do it, the more natural it will feel. You are rewiring your brain, creating a new muscle.
· Delete from your vocabulary words such as “I can’t” or “impossible.” Only focus on how you can.
· Learn to say no. You don’t have to be a people pleaser. Respect yourself enough to be able to say no.
Want to learn more about boosting your confidence? Join me on August 29th at 7 pm for a free power session on how to boost your confidence!
#MindsetCoach #WomenEmpowerment #RaiseYourVibration #LifeAfterHardship #gratitude #selfdevelopment #successmindset #achieveyourgoals #mindset #dailymotivation #selfcare #overwhelm #burnout #focusonthegoal #persistence #leadershipdevelopment #confidence #selfconfidence #selfesteem #mentalhealth